Tuesday, January 31, 2012

HOW LIFE CHANGES...

Stepping into St.Thomas School,I assumed that this would be my world forever.I assumed life would pass in the same old classroom with those 45 children sitting in rows around me.Even till the end of Eleventh,the realization that I'll have to now leave my world,did not dawn upon my senses.My school has given me a lot.It has raised me from where i used to be to where i find myself today...I cant explain the sort of bond and feeling that I get when I see my school today...after 9 months of passing out.Maybe that's the reason why i took and am probably taking so long to get adjusted in the world i now live in.
i remember the day when i got down from my school bus in 4th class.i was in Mount Carmel then.i got down n my mother was there as usual,waiting to pick me up.and there was another parent with whom she was chatting away.everything was so normal! i got down and we started walking back to our house.the aunty suddenly turned to me and said something like "aur beta!! aaj to last day tha..saare friends se mil liye?" and i stopped dead.my mother looked up beside me towards me and said 'oh,you're gonna change schools'.i was blank.
aunty exclaimed 'o dear,you didn't tell her!'
and mom went 'no,didn't get a chance...'.I was still blank.as young as i could be then,i still managed to feel the air being knocked out of me.so that was how this life changing news was brought to me.as if it was a dress i was supposed to change...i remember calling up all my friends one by one and telling them about it.while some managed to give me bewildered replies,the others just came up with 'o really! so you wouldn't be coming in the bus tomorrow...'
that was how my life changed for the very first time.leaving Mount Carmel and entering St.Thomas'...
the second time my life changed and did a somersault was when i got promoted from from class VI to VII...it was like the dreadful feeling of a new school all over again.however till then,i had learned how to make a place for oneself in a completely new environment.Had i been,like i was when i entered St.Thomas in class IV...i would have lost the battle.
Junior school was a bad dream.mean kids...dirty old premises...you had to earn a swing and not share it...everybody around you is bloody brilliant and as clever as possible...unfriendly teachers...no identity.
But coming to senior section,i was sure of an identity...a friends group...my own latent brilliance and a rush of adrenaline to do something greater than what I've ever done!
All my cribbing and mourning over the loss of a school as dear as Mount Carmel,vanished as soon as St. Thomas challenged me to open up and show it what i had. All those dirty looks,mean smiles and friendless breaks had done the magic.

In the end,i would conclude by saying...just when you thing that the last thing that happened has ended your world...God is at work to create a new better world just for you.

No comments: